[alberg30] Painting

James Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 6 05:34:14 PDT 2000

I have painted Isa Lei #240 using Brightside.  I used the roll and tip method.  I am quite happy with the results, it looks good from about 10 feet.  The trick, at least in my opinion, is to use the yellow rollers made for West Epoxy.  Cut them in half and use a good bristle brush.  One person can do the job because with the smaller roller you can't cover a large area.  It calls for quick, not hasty, work.

To insure success you want to pick your weather, not real hot and paint in the morning.  Give the paint all afternoon to dry.  This way it is fairly hard before dew has a chance to settle on it overnight.   Also make sure you do a good job of sanding - I do the final with 220 wet.  Just before putting the pain on, wipe the hull down with lacquer thinner - it won't hurt the paint but will remove any oils that have collected.
Jim Davis