[alberg30] Bits and pieces

Peter Amos P.A.Amos at tesco.net
Wed Aug 9 10:14:54 PDT 2000

I hope to be back in Florida in November to work on Tait Tait for a few weeks.The first project will be to get rid of the small diesel tank under the cockpit sole and put an 18gallon tank on the ledge in the starboard locker.Once that is done I want to improve the cockpit drainage by adding extra drains. I also want to increase the size of the existing drains at the forward end of the cockpit and reposition their thru hulls and valves to a more accessible position. I had in mind to take them out of the engine compartment and re-site them at the forward end of the port and starboard lockers just above the waterline.If anybody has done anything like  this I would be interested to know how it worked out.
I followed the correspondence on mast wiring noises and got some good ideas that I can incorporate when I renew the standing rigging,(see below, should the standing rigging be beefed up), thanks to all those who contributed.

I am in a gradual process of preparing Tait Tait for some serious blue water cruising. I have my own ideas about what needs to be changed or strengthened,cockpit drainage is one of them,but any and all opinions would be welcome.

Are there any A30 enthusiasts on the East coast of Florida in the Titusville area?

 Last but not least. I read the article by Dave Cooper "Cookin" #464 in the August edition of the Mainsheet and he had made it to Bermuda.I met up with Dave and Renee in Georgetown Bahamas during Regatta week this year and they were considering a trip to the U.K. If they are coming here they might like to see a friendly face,so if anyone is in contact with them and can relay please e-mail me outside this forum.

Peter Amos
Tait Tait #478
P.A.Amos at tesco.net.U.K.