[alberg30] Re: Transducer Placement

Bill Newman bnewman at netcom.ca
Tue Aug 29 03:41:04 PDT 2000

I have had success placing the depth sounder transducer at the inside forward
corner of the port Vberth.  I did not drill a hole in the hull.  I mounted a
3" piece of PVC pipe shaped at the bottom to conform to the hull shape and
remain at right angles to the horizontal position of the boat and glued with
epoxy.  The transducer is mounted in the cap for the pipe to stand about 1"
above the hull.  The pipe is filled with either water or light mineral oil,
depending on concerns about freezing.  This system is generally known as a
water box, seems to work well and does not require you to make another 1 1/2"
hole in the hull.

Bill Newman
Marion Rose III #233

http://click.egroups.com/1/8237/10/_/476031/_/967545930/