[alberg30] Tachometer Cable and Jib Hanks

FINKENBERG, Lincoln LFinkenberg at emmetmarvin.com
Thu Aug 31 16:43:16 PDT 2000

	The thread/rope that holds the hank to the jib needs to be replaced.
What sort of thread/rope are you suppose to use?

	Trying to replace the old gauge set and have found that the old
gauge set had an electric motor that spun the tachometer on the gauge rather
than a tach cable to the transmission.  Any idea as to why it was done that
way -- am I better off replicating that setup?  Or should I go with a tach
cable?  I think I see a spot for the tach cable just above the cross bar
that goes through the transmission to the port side, is there anyway to test
if it is gonna spin the tach cable besides sticking my pinky finger in there
while the engine runs?

	Has anyone found that the Gray Marine rips the coupling that joins
the shafts from the alternator to the flywheel with less than kind
frequency.  A small detail the marina failed to discover upon overhauling
the engine.  It turns out the former owner had four spares on board.

	thanks
	Lincoln
	Gypsy #138
	Flushing Bay