[alberg30] Re:Painting topsides

Bob Johns rjohns3 at optonline.net
Sun Aug 6 05:44:15 PDT 2000

>Thanks to all who have responded about painting topsides.  Another question?
>I was planning on using the one-part Interlux.  Most of the responses have
>been from users of the two-part.  Has anyone used the one-part successfully?

John,

I painted the topsides of Wind Call nine years ago using Interlux
Brightside. It has had one touchup since then and will have to be repainted
next spring. I used a bristle type brush (without a foam followup) and was
very happy with the results. I applied the paint horizontally and then used
light vertical strokes with the tip of the brush to smooth it. I was
careful to minimize the smoothing strokes - the paint will smooth itself if
you don't brush it excessively. I had two runs on the whole job and they
were inconspicuous enough that I did not redo them.

Hope this helps.

Bob Johns, Wind Call #397

Lonely? Get Firetalk!
Free, unlimited calls anywhere in the world.
Free voice chat on hundreds of topics.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5477/10/_/476031/_/965565863/