[alberg30] Aluminum Spreaders / Engine controls

Christopher Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Mon Aug 7 21:41:34 PDT 2000

Fritz,

If Don doesn't have any left, Metal Mast in Putnam, CT will be able to fabricate
a set from the bases and a sample wooden spreader. I personally do not mind
having wooden spreaders, during the restoration of Carina Vela I fabricated a
new set from white oak which were covered with West Systems epoxy and painted
white.

Stephen Sousa
Carina Vela

George Dinwiddie wrote:

> Fritz,
>
> The spreader bases have changed a few times over the years.  If you've
> got wooden spreaders and want aluminum ones, you'll probably have to
> get them custom made.  Don Kadanoff had some extras made a few years
> back, but I doubt if he's got any left.  I do know that they wouldn't
> fit some boats that wanted them.
>
>  - George
>
> > Fritz said:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> > We're in the process of recommisioning #199 on the Chesapeake and I'm
> > trying to find a few more pieces. Most important are new spreaders. We
> > were thinking to switch to aluminum for upkeep reasons. Does anyone carry
> > them locally or are they a special order item? The other piece we're
> > trying to replace is the engine control sticks. I've seen a set that had
> > removable arms so the lines won't get tangled, but I can't find them
> > anywhere. Any help pointing us in the right direction to finding either of
> > these would be very appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > Fritz Finley
>
> --
>   George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
>   The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in
>   sailing.                         NEW URL => http://www.Alberg30.org/

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Apply NOW!
1. Fill in the brief application
3. Get rates as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no annual fee!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7874/10/_/476031/_/965698787/