[alberg30] Sail Tracks/toerail

Alan P. Kefauver apk2 at home.com
Fri Aug 11 13:08:21 PDT 2000

Mine were all through bolted. Someone has to hold the nut from below while you torque the top. Even then some would not come out as they were bent. I cut off the nut end with a dremel tool cut-off wheel and hammered them through to get them out. Replaced those with enlarged holes with a 5/16" bolt instead of a 1/4". Only ones not through bolted were the ones over the drains in the rail. Jib track was through bolted also.
Andante

On 8/11/2000 at 8:29 AM T. Kevin Blanc wrote:

>Could they be through-bolted? I believe mine are
>(#254), but that could have been a modification.
>
>Kevin
>--- "FINKENBERG, Lincoln"
><LFinkenberg at emmetmarvin.com> wrote:
>> 	The bolts/screws in the toerail holding the sail
>> track down spin
>> without comming up -- any tips before I start using
>> some of the more
>> persuasive tools?
>> 	thanks,
>> 	Lincoln