[alberg30] Propeller Specifications

T. Kevin Blanc TKevinBlanc at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 05:40:17 PDT 2000

Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/10/_/476031/_/967725619/

You might want to enquire with the makers of the
Campbell Sailor propeller. They can be reached at
www.westbynorth.com. They strongly recommend three
bladed props for sail boats and think that a properly
designed three-blade will have no noticable increase
in drag. Their prop has a very distinct shape. They
make the argument credibly.

Indigo (www.atomic4.com) designed a 3 blader
specifically for A4 powered boats. It's a 3x10.7.4.
It's designed to cruise at 2000 and max at about 2500
RPM. I would imagine that it would be undersized for a
GM25 which has more torque than the A4, I think.

At any rate, I've heard 3x12x5 for the A30 and 3x11x6.
I'd go with the smaller diameter to avoid cavitation,
but I'm no expert.

Good luck.

Kevin Blanc