[Alberg30] stays'l chainplates

John Shell Kim.Chatfield at ev1.net
Fri Dec 22 13:34:56 PST 2000

Alan,
  I'll probably bring the stay to a chainplate on the bulkhead, which will be about a 130 degree angle, the continue the stay via steel rod to the stem.  the steel rod will be paralell to the stay and attach to the stem.  I have a retaining bulkhead in the chainlocker that can be repositioned to provide a method of attachiing the rod to the stem, but the rod will be at about 90 degrees to the stem.
  Do you think I'll need running backstays?  I haven't drawn the lines to determine where the stay will be positioned on the mast, but I'm expecting it to fall just above the spreaders.

John