[alberg30] Clevis success!

alberg30 alberg30 at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 28 07:23:57 PST 2000

FYI: the "transmission shackle" I was looking for turned out to be  what is known as a Clevis, just like someone on the Atomic-4 List stated. The Clevis connects the transmission cable to the transmission lever on the back of the Atomic 4 in my Alberg 30, and had been destroyed when I removed my engine for rebuild.

I was able to get a replacement from the following company:

Charman Enterprises Inc.
1-800-247-6324

Charman is a US distributor for Morse Transmission cable parts. Morse Inc. does not sell directly to the public.

The Clevis is for  60-series cable, Morse part #038820, cost $33.33. I received my replacement in less than seven days including Christmas. Its a perfect match. Includes, Clevis, clevis pin, and codder pin.

Thanks to those who offered their expertise from the Atomic-4 list and the Alberg30 list.

Joe
Alberg30 #499
"One Less Traveled"

Click here for more details: