[alberg30] water tank

alberg30 alberg30 at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 4 19:05:57 PST 2000

Peter: I cannot answer your question about the hull/tank bond leak, but
I can comment on putting a larger "inspection port" in the lid of the
water tank under the v-berth.

After forgetting to drain the water from the tank, and letting it sit
for nearly two years, I discovered a mess of algae and goo inside the
tank. Cleaning the tank thru the original 4" inspection port hole was
impossible.  I enlarged the 4" hole with a 8" port that I purchased from
West Marine for @$15. The lid is transparent, the ring is fitted with an
o-ring, and water tight. I cut the aluminum lid of my tank with several
blades in a jigsaw, 3m5200'd the ring in place, and its the best upgrade
yet.

I can reach the entire tank now, and had great success scrubbing the
tank clean by hand.

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"