[alberg30] Anchor weights / size

Bob Lincoln lincoln at cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Dec 8 07:31:40 PST 2000

To all the Bobs (no pun intended), thanks for the
information on Danforths.  I suspect the reason my 10kg
Bruce dragged was due partly to the lack of room for
adequate scope, but also the clay and stone bottom.  I
reset it four times and each time the boat slowly
dragged.  As I pulled it up there would be a
bowling-ball sized lump of clay and round stones packed
into the area between the flukes, which I had to scrape
off with my hands before I could reset it.  Finally I
moved the boat to a more protected area away from the
other anchored boats with a sand bottom and had no more
problems that night.
Bob Lincoln
Indigo #590

eGroups eLerts