[Alberg30] Staysail and Jib boom installation

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Thu Dec 14 09:20:52 PST 2000

Sometimes, on a long race, I RIG A staysail under the chute.  I do  not bother with a stay, rather, I have a lARGE  fitting that I attach to the cleat on the foredeck.  Just hoist on the jib halyard, and find a good place to lead the sheet to.  I usually only use one sheet, this is not a rig that you tack a lot, but in some conditions its worth
about a 1/4 knot of speed.
Russ Pfeiffer
 | Time is running out!  Buy your boat a present by December 21.     |
 | Go to http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066   |
 | and use the new e-coupon code APMK12 for your discount.           |
 |    ==> Fujinon Mariner 7x50 Binoculars -- SPECIAL: $119.00 <==    |