[alberg30] Carl Alberg, A30 citations

Jos é Campione campione at cyberus.ca
Thu Dec 28 14:35:04 PST 2000

> Dear list:
> I noticed several references to the Alberg 30, Whitby Boat Works
> and Carl Alberg in a recently published book by Daniel Spurr:
> Heart of Glass, fiberglass boats and the men who made them
> (International Marine / McGraw-Hill, 2000.  ISBN 0-07-157983-4.
> Retails for about $44 Cdn.  A sidebar page on Carl appears on
> page 119, and Chapter 11 is about Boatbuilding in Canada.  Spurr
> had a Triton and that boat is also covered in this rather
> complete overview of fiberglass boats. Several of Spurr's
> earlier books are op.
> Bob Lincoln
> Indigo #590

Hi Bob,

I believe Daniel's book will be a good resource and have already ordered it.
However, For some time I have been looking for information on Allan Nye
Scott, the builder of the Alberg 22 and 29 (*) and I wonder whether the book
would say something worth quoting about Allan or these other two
Canadian-made Albergs?

(*) I have every reason to believe Allan Nye Scott to have been the builder
of these two boats. However, the Alberg 30 page on Alberg's designs lists
"Ian Nye" as their builder. Perhaps Daniel's book could help to resolve this
apparent conflict?

Thanks,
-José-
Vándor AL22 #284