[alberg30] Re: A-4 manifold removal

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Fri Dec 15 14:33:59 PST 2000

DickInVA wrote:

> I am trying to remove the intake manifold from an Atomic4,  I have
> removed the 3 stud nuts on the side but it doesn't want to come off.
> Is there anything else that holds it on?

Dick,

I assume that you've removed the 2 bolts that hold the exhaust pipe to
the back of the manifold, and the cross-over tube in front (or
discussonedted the hose if you've upgraded those fittings). Also, I
recall that the carb is in the way, and that you need to remove its 2
bolts and unhook it's linkage. I have flex fuel line to the carb, but
you might need to disconnect the fuel line from the carb if your line is
not flexible. When I removed the cylinder head earlier this year, which
had not been off for 22 years, I literally had to use a sharpened,
geavy-duty paint scraper as a "chisel," with a hammer, so it is also
possible that the gasket if "fused" and some force might be required.
Hope this helps.

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Ithaca, NY, Cayuga Lake

Click here for more details:
http://click.egroups.com/1/10801/1/_/476031/_/976919623/