[alberg30] Which Winches.

greg vandenberg fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net
Mon Feb 7 08:09:11 PST 2000

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>

While at the the strictly sail show in chicago we purchased new winches for
bathtub mary #312. We purchased new anderson ss28st. The anderson rep
recommended the 28st over the 12st and quoted a boat show price at 1/2 of
there quoted retail. we stopped at rigging only and they recommended ss40st at
$100 more ea. on we went to jsi and they matched rigging only for the 28st and
through in the shipping... we went for it... $1099.31. my question aside from
passing on the price info. is... what is the opinion of the group on 28's over
the 40's for an alberg cruised on the great lakes. anderson rep. margo and i
felt that the 2 speed 28 st were a very adequate up grade from the original
primaries which i think are mariman. PS: there is also a rebate (trade in
promotion) from scandvik of $75/ea for our old winches which reduces the price
another $150. we were impressed and the andersons seam so much supieror to the
harken and lewmar.

Valentine's Day Shopping Made Simple.  Click Here!