[alberg30] Cabin overhead and locker interiors

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Feb 8 09:49:08 PST 2000

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Friends,
When we bought Stargazer, she suffered from that common boat malady,, peeling
paint in the interior.
We redid the overhead in the main cabin, but have put off the rest, because
as anyone who's done this know,s it is such an unpleasant job. I don't know
which I hate more; sanding the bottom, or trying to scrape and sand the
overhead of a cabin, or the inside of lockers!!
Which brings me to the question; in the latest Harbor Freight Tools
catalogue, I see what they call a pancake compressor- a small, 50 lb., 4 hp
air compressor for about 130 bucks. It led me to think that sand blasting the
offending areas clean might be the easiest solution to the problem.
Anyone on the list have experience with this kind of equipment, and tried
this kind of application?  Besides the compressor, what else would I need to
do a job like this?
Thx,
Lee
Stargazer #255

Valentine's Day Shopping Made Simple.  Click Here!