[alberg30] Heres a great smaller boat...

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Wed Feb 2 15:11:42 PST 2000

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov writes:

<< 18 feet Cape DoryGoldeneye with the right feel, and its a transatlantic
 veteran! Check this out, its soudns great! >>
My two cents; when you start going below 23 feet or so in a traditional full
keel design, such as the 19 foot CD Typhoon, you get a boat that is seaworthy
and capable, but performance is really hurt.  the bow is proportionaly
bluffer, and small chop stops her more easily, and the fluid flow and glide
of a larger, proportionaly longer hull is lost. If you are downsizing, but
still want a certain feel to the boat, there is a point at which the boat is
too small.
I have seen a couple of Kittiwakes, though I have never sailed one, or spoken
to the owners.  But they are very pretty.  they fall into Alberg's finer
design category; I can group Albergs designs into the sllightly rounder,
bluffer bowed and sterned models, such as Triton, CD 25, Seasprite, Alberg
35, the 19 foot Corinthian, and Typhoon, and the finer hulls, with sharper
entries, and finer waterlines, such as the Alberg 22, the Kittiwake, and the
Alberg 30.  I'm not saying one type is better than the other; they are
different approaches, each with it's advantages, each for sailors who are
looking for different things from their boats. Would you guys agree?
Lee
Stargazer

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds.  Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
Intro APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW.