[alberg30] small traditional day cruiser

Alan P. Kefauver apk2 at home.com
Wed Feb 2 16:34:04 PST 2000

From: "Alan P. Kefauver" <apk2 at home.com>

The Folkboat (with sumptous Seat) is a hellava boat. Wish I could have afforded one, but sailed on a friends a lot. Regarding full keel daysailors... I would be sailing my Typhoon with a single reef and working jib and having a yahoo time, when the finners et all would be afraid to come out. If I could lose 50 lbs , I'd buy a Typhoon and sail it in about anything. I just won't fit in that boat anymore, so I have an A30.
Alan
Andante#152

On 2/2/2000 at 12:40 PM Gord Laco wrote:

>From: "Gord Laco" <gord at transatmarine.com>
>
>Hey There -
>
>I beg to differ!   Having raced and cruised a Danish-built Folkboat nearly
>30,000 miles before buying my Alberg 30 #426 this year, I'd say that there
>are many advantages to a full keel in a boat under 26'.    I feel that if
>people only knew that they did not have to put up with the horrible
>characteristics that plague centre-board and fin keel boats - and have come
>to be considered normal - they wouldn't be satisfied with their boats.   I
>changed boats to have more room for two growing sons - but for my wife and
>I, "Touch Wood" F KC 16 was perfect, and I miss her.
>
>Her new owner is now in Florida heading for Panama.
>
>Gord
>#426 "Surprise" On Georgian Bay

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds.  Get rates as low as 2.9 percent
Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW.