[alberg30] Alberg Designed Arial

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 16:28:04 PST 2000

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

David, qwned my Arial for  9 years, and I loved it.  Her only drawback was
not having a separate head.  I installed a Sea Fairer (Thetford) with the
metal hold down brackets.   You can most propably buy used sails for about $
1000. (headsail and main)  until you get used to sailing her.  I had a 155%
genny made be Kent, a local sailmaker, abd loved it.  I also had a working
jib, which I rarely used.  A used 6 hp Johnson will power her.  and long
shaft is the best, at about 6 K.  If you can clean up the interior with fresh
paint and  Scrubbing,   it sounds like a good deal.  The bulkheads and  much
io the interior is covered in a teak looking formica.  You might need new
bunk cushions.  You can buy foam and cut it with an electric knife. and how
good can you sew, to do the covers.  There is a place for a slide out stove.
I hade some gimbals and used a 2 burner alchoal stove  we used to cook omlets
while doing long races  Ther is a company in Annopolis, Bacon that has lots
of used  sails.  You would love the way this boat sails.  She weights 5500
pounds and has 2500 pounds of lead in her keel.  Much stiffer than the A-30.
Make that $500 offer, and even go a little higher, if you must.  I dont think
you will regreat it
Let me know what happens.
Russ

eGroups' Valentine's Day Gift Guide - Shop Here Now: