[alberg30] Which Winches.

John Birch Sunstone at idirect.com
Mon Feb 7 13:01:48 PST 2000

From: John Birch <Sunstone at idirect.com>

My experience has been to get the biggest winches you can afford and that will fit
the winch base without cutting the combing - although I've seen a couple who have
neatly gone with oversized and successfully removed some combing without aesthetic
damage.

Additionally, on our A-30 we put angled teak pads under to make the winches
vertical on the bases as the canted outboard winch bases is a design and ergonomic
mistake.

Why the largest winches?
Because you aren't getting any younger or stronger.

Cheers,

John,
Sunstone KC-65