[alberg30] Battery

Michael Grosh mgrosh at shore.intercom.net
Wed Feb 9 07:29:55 PST 2000

From: "Michael Grosh" <mgrosh at shore.intercom.net>

I can fit two large batteries in the 2nd most forward bilge compartment-I
make an attempt to keep weight forward on the Alberg-it takes some
maneuvering to get them through the hatch, but plenty of room once in. I use
nylon webbing screwed to the bottom of the compartment(battery sitting on
the webbing) On my boat the bottom (ceiling?) appears to be glassed over
plywood.  Backpacking equipment uses a new (for me) type of plastic buckle;
snap release, and is adjustable. That would be a big improvement over the
nasty, rusted metal buckle I am now using. I have given up on using battery
boxes down there,I have found the boxes collect more stuff (including, on
occasion, bilge water) to keep next to the battery then just having them
accessible as is.

Michael

$10 Savings on Pet Valentine Gifts.
Looking for that pet-perfect Valentine’s Day gift?
Click here for $10 off purchases of $25 or more.