[alberg30] Battery Boxes - Why?

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Wed Feb 9 21:14:46 PST 2000

From: "alberg30" <alberg30 at interactive.net>

About these batteries:

My two batteries are in the  in the floor just forward of the engine
compartment, in the same area of the bilge (actually liner pan) where the
raw water intake valve is. The liner pan sits about 6 inches above the
actual bilge bottom. The batteries are strapped down to the liner pan. I
have to replace/upgrade my batteries and need more room. But where to put
them?

-Someone said "2nd most forward bilge compartment."
Are we talking about the same place?

My compartment is a tight fit, and the batteries need to be a certain
physical size to fit there. There's a limit to their height and length if
you're gonna fit two.

On newer boats, in the next most forward bilge compartment, isn't the liner
pan sloped? How do you put batteries there? Are the older boats different?

Maybe I missed something.

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"