[alberg30] Reinventing the wheel

Guy Lalonde lalondegc at videotron.ca
Fri Feb 11 15:22:25 PST 2000

From: Guy Lalonde <lalondegc at videotron.ca>

Jack.

Mine came with a wheel so I can't comment on how difficult it is to install. But if you find an A-30's cockpit is small, it'll feel even smaller with a wheel. Also the moisture readings on my cockpit floor (taken when purchasing the boat) are quite high (I'll have to repair that this spring), and I'm sure it is because the bedding compound at the base of the pedestal has long reached its useful life. So it can be a source of water infiltration if you don't watch it carefully. Suggest you seal the edges of the pedestal and screw holes in the cockpit floor with epoxy, so if your bedding compound lets go water won't get to your balsa core.

Guy.
Cyrena #466