[alberg30] Whisker pole length

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Fri Feb 18 11:22:51 PST 2000

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Saunders,  a 16 footer is longer than you need.  The class legal pole is 10.5
ft.  That works well for up to a 135%  A 12 ft pole whould do the trick.
Remember that the sail has some curve, and won't be flat  You could even use
the standard pole.  I had a 12 1/2 footer made up for a class change,and and
took a 3 second a mile penalty.  I wouldn't even bother with one bigger than
that, it starts to get hard to handle.  If you build one, make it as light as
you can, pretend you are on a pitching foredeck, trying to use a 16 footer.

MHO   Russ  25

@Backup-The Easiest Way to Protect and Access your files.
Automatic backups and off-site storage of your critical data.  Install
your FREE trial today and have a chance to WIN a digital camera.