[alberg30] Mainsail Winch

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Mon Feb 21 12:55:37 PST 2000

From: Tom Sutherland <sutherlandt at prodigy.net>

On the subject of winches and winch handles, I have a question for the
group.

On #412 the gear shift is activated with the same winch handle as is
called for by the mast mounted main halyard winch ( the flat one which
fits through a slot).  I find this a bit clumsy to have the hand grip
portion sticking out in the cockpit while motoring.

Should I have a different handle which is especially designed for this
gear shift ? Perhaps I have a different arrangement from most. I do plan
on making something a bit more suitable but was just curious to know if
this was normal. My longer range plan is to replace with a "Moris" (sp)
unit but that is down the road a bit.

greg vandenberg wrote:

> From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at ameritech.net>
>
> Their must be more than one style of main halyard wire winch. Mine has
> removable handle the same as the cockpit winches.

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 0.0%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/911/4/_/_/_/951166524/