[alberg30] lexan vs. paint solved

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Tue Feb 29 07:17:52 PST 2000

Thats Krylon flat black. Sorry.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: alberg30
  To: Alberg 30 List
  Sent: Tuesday, February 29, 2000 9:15 AM
  Subject: [alberg30] lexan vs. paint solved

  From: "alberg30" <alberg30 at interactive.net>

  Well, I have no idea what happened with the spray paint on the Lexan. But my only guess can be that some thinning agents at the bottom of the can got sprayed out and dissolved the paint previously applied.

  Anyway, FYI: I used a new can of Karolyn Flat Black that says its good for most plastics metals etc, and had no problems. Several coats later it looks dynamite! The Lectern instrument panel is a terrific idea and man it looks good! The damaged Lectern showed no markings after being painted. The Lectern was easy to cut with a 2" hole saw, and then a jigsaw for the larger hole for the tachometer. Just use a plywood piece behind the Lectern to give the drill bits something to bite into.

  Excellent!

  Joe #499
  "One Less Traveled"