[alberg30] brightwork

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Tue Jan 18 14:38:29 PST 2000

From: SandersM at aol.com

All of this talk about restoring topsides wood leads me to poll the list on
products you all have used for brightwork.

On the advice of my yard, I had planned to use Sikkens.  But I just finished
reading Practical Sailor's 2 1/2 year-long survey of the performance of
various finishes, and it leads me to think that, for me, a product called
"Honey Teak" might offer the best compromise between appearance, longevity,
and ease/speed of application.

Have any of you ever used Honey Teak?  Any thoughts about it?  Any
testimonials for it or for any of the other new wundervarnishes?

Sanders McNew
WILD ELF  (# 297)
Oyster Bay, New York