[alberg30] pump outlet / values

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue Jan 18 14:30:19 PST 2000

From: Gordon White <gewhite at crosslink.net>

(1) I have the pump in the cockpit aft bulkhead, operable without opening anything. It has its own outlet with a check valve in it.

(2) I agree that the boat in question is probably not worth more than $4,000. it ALWAYS costs more to fix something than the estimate. LOTS. Compare your worst guess of the fixup cost plus the price and see what else you could buy with the money. Maybe a much better Alberg. You have to be brave to take on essentially a near basket case. It is easy to get into restoration of an old house old airplane, old car, old boat that costs more than its market value. If you love it, factor that in, but do not buy someone else's problem.(Been there, done that).

                                    - Gordon, A-275