[alberg30] getting to insulation

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Fri Jan 14 21:21:43 PST 2000

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

I have a suggestion for all you folks with the old style icechest. I freeze a
large , 21/2 plastic container of drinking water.  Don't open it. Ever.  Put
it at the back of the lower compartment. If you have a 1 gallon plastic jug
of frozen water, put it here also. 2 blocks fit in the top, and a white seat
cushion goes over it.  I have had this combo keep things cold for many days
before the bottom thaws out.  You may have to replinsh the top Ice every once
in a while, but we chip off a lot for gin and tonics, so we can't keep exact
track.  Give this a try befpre you tear the box apart.  The bottom side of my
lid has a stryofoam piece glued to it too.
Russ Pfeiffer

Sign up for eLerts at: