[alberg30] Addendum to 66 ALBERG 30

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Tue Jan 18 08:55:18 PST 2000

From: George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at min.net>

Timothy,

You give some good advice, but I would caution against relying
too heavily on the BUC books.  The value of an Alberg 30 is
dependent on condition, not age.  BUC works too hard to make
sure that their valuations give higher figures for newer boats.
They tend to extrapolate from very skimpy data and this
preconceived notion.

The value of an Alberg 30 does seem to top out about $20,000 U.S.
But an early boat is as likely, or perhaps more likely, to be
worth this value than a "recent" one.  A good surveyor can make
all the difference in evaluating a boat.  Then, you have to
figure the time and effort required to bring the boat up to snuff.

 - George