[alberg30] Addendum to 66 ALBERG 30

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 12:33:31 PST 2000

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

In a message dated 1/19/00 9:49:29 AM Eastern Standard Time, dai at pdq.net
writes:

> Also, although I do know that time is money, at least it will be well spent
> on
>  a worthy project, for me, the boat, for the boat itself, and maybe even
>  getting
>  my two teens out on the water with me...and maybe they can put some of
their

>  young muscles into the projects themselves(Not counted on though). My
> younger
>  son is interested so if he gets into it, I have found a catalina 22 for
500
>  rework for him. A lot of work but for a 15 year old, a real fine start once
>  we get it done. He can race it Clear Lake. Oh. maybe in the process, I will
>  begin to build a dinghy. Or more and sell them. Something I thought about
>  doing
>  that I may take up on the side, in the winter, in the barn. I am tired of
>  scooping horse poop, although as Woodrow said, "It didn't hurt me any". Gus
>  allowed that it didn't help either.
Well Dave, if you've been a working cowboy most of your life, you probably
have enough stamina left over in retirement for three normal men. As for
shoveling horse poop, I think a little more of that would have given me the
mind set I needed for boat work.
And you're very lucky to have sons who may want to get involved.
Just remember: God made the human mind incapable of the foresight to truly
gauge the amount of work necessary on a boat. You will be continually amazed
at the disparity betweeen expectation and execution. But He did that for a
reason: if He had given us the foresight, no one would ever buy a boat. And
He wants us out there. Because sailing brings us closer to Him.
Good luck,
Paul
Ashwagh #23

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them
from anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance
to win a digital camera.