[alberg30] May want to avoid AOL 5 "upgrade"

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Fri Jan 28 09:46:57 PST 2000

From: SandersM at aol.com

I don't mean to sound contentious, but is this really the place for this sort
of message?  I have been an AOL user since 1991, and a Mac user since 1984,
and I'm very very happy with my Mac and AOL 5.0.  If you don't like AOL 5.0,
if it conflicts with your other software, then don't use it -- but don't
trouble us with offtopic opinions about a piece of computer software.  I'm
too busy mindsailing off to Newfoundland and environs in my armchair to be
bothered with "PC industry technical stuff."

Sanders McNew
WILD ELF  (# 297)
Oyster Bay, New York

In a message dated 1/28/00 12:00:28 PM, dans at stmktg.com writes:

>From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>
>
>A30 people,
>
>It has come to my attention that upgrading Windows PCs to AOL 5 can
>cause serious problems on systems that also use connections other than
>AOL's "dial up." In essence, this upgrade disables other internet
>services and applications like MS-Outlook that use the internet
>services. You may want to avoid this "upgrade." I'm not an AOL user, but
>rather a PC industry technical guy.
>
>Better to spend your time sailing or working on the boat rather than
>trying to undo hidden damage to Windows!
>
>http://www.winmag.com/columns/explorer/2000/02.htm
>
>--Dan S.
>dans at stmktg.com
>"Watcher of the Skies" #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY

Save 50 percent at MotherNature.com.  See site for details