[alberg30] Seahoods again - info please

berube5 berube5 at home.com
Sun Jan 30 03:53:55 PST 2000

From: berube5 <berube5 at home.com>

I have been reading with interest a recent thread concerning seahoods.
It seemed as though several people had a Reid...(sp?) fellow construct a
nice seahood for their Alberg 30 for around $250.

I do not have an Alberg 30- but I would not be surprised if my Alberg
designed Pearson Triton was similar enough in size that an A30 seahood
might work. I would be interested in knowing a bit more information
about this piece- approx measurements, perhaps if anyone had a picture
of the seahood on a web site... and/or an e-mail address or phone number
for the fellow who builds the piece.

My rough measurements for a Triton seahood... (inside clearance of the
seahood over the sliding main hatch) as follows:

Width: 29", Overall length: 32", Height: 3", the actual seahood
dimensions could be somewhat larger, shorter, etc. I am curious to see
if we might be in the same ballpark.

Hatch measurements:
Width: 25-1/4", Overall length (including runners): 30", Height (at
center): 2-7/8" (the main hatch is very nearly flat with little crown -
5/8" max)

For me, building a seahood from scratch is certainly doable- however,
like most of us "classic plastic" owners- I have plenty of other things
to work on. If this idea were to work out- I know several other Triton
owners who might be interested in seahoods as well.

Thanks for your help.

Dana Berube
1960 Pearson Triton #99 "JADE"
Narragansett Bay, RI

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds.  Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
Intro APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW.