[alberg30] Alberg 30, Texas review

dai at pdq.net dai at pdq.net
Mon Jan 31 06:54:30 PST 2000

From: "dai at pdq.net" <dai at pdq.net>

I took a look at the b27 site. It is possible also. I have found a Pearson
30 locally and will check her out next weekend. The A30 I am mulling over.

Intentionally, I did not go back to see the broker after Saturday. I want to
mull over all the work, and the condition of the boat without having his
input.

The Grampian is a decent day cruiser and a stable boat. I would rather have
her than a hunter or Catalina of similar size. But that is not what I am
looking for. A 30 which can sail offshore points south and east, the out
islands and build to an ocean capable boat. Finances and two sons who are
nearing college require steady hand and no emotion about what I need to
accomplish for myself over the next 2 years. The boat must be something I
can sail, but also build into a cruiser over time rather than commit to
a large loan payment and possibly have to abrogate the goal due to financial
considerations when the younger son enters college.

The consumation of the 30 is what I am aiming at. I put it off for years.
Suffered a heart attack and must do this for myself....Small boats are fun
but the tradition and strength of a stiff 30 footer is what I am looking for.

If I sometimes wander, it is due to the many boats and much reading I have
been doing.

David

Regards,

David Bell - dai at pdq.net

The young bloods of the South; sons of planters,
lawyers about towns, good billiard players and
sportsmen, men who never did any work never will.
War suits them.. They are splendid riders, first
rate shots and utterly reckless. These men must
all be killed or employed by us before we can hope
for peace.

General W. T. Sherman

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds.  Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
Intro APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW.