[alberg30] Alberg 30, Texas review

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Mon Jan 31 09:55:33 PST 2000

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hey Sanders, David,
Dave, I have been following your quest, and found the opinions on all these
classic plastics interesting.
I've got to agree with Sanders, that in this category, you must consider the
Bristol 27.  I looked at a few over the years, and have spoken to sailors who
owned them, and they are by all accounts execellent boats for their size, and
the price you can get them for these days.
another good one is the early 60's tartan 27.  You can find going concerns of
both of these boats for 5-6 grand, and spend more for updated boats, less for
ones that need more work, or course.  But, once you are spending more, then
you might as well buy the Alberg 30, which is a better boat, in terms of
better sailing, and more room below.
Do they sell Soundings in Texas? that is the one best place to look at used
boats, and see what is available and what people are asking for them.
The 26 foot Arial is another good boat, but try as I have, I cannot get
passed her big dog house, and straight sheer. Ugly. But they are extrememly
well built, good sailors, and good accomodation for their size.
My opinion on the Pearson 30 or Grampian-good sailing boats, nice
accomodations, the Pearson 30 I know is very sturdy, I don't know much about
the structure of Grampians......but ......so ugly. Ugly, ugly, ugly.  If you
want to really know how I feel, I'll tell you off the list.   (they are
ugly!)    :)
Have fun looking,
make sure you are not boatless come spring!!!
Lee

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds.  Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
Intro APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW.