[alberg30] 66 Alberg 30, 1966, and Pearson 30, 1968

dai at pdq.net dai at pdq.net
Sun Jan 16 16:52:41 PST 2000

From: dai at pdq.net

They are asking 14.9 at one broker, 13.5 via another. The boat is
in apparent stable condition, at least dry. The sail inventory is
shallow and the main cover was torn leaving the main to the sun at
the basin. The standing rigging is usable. And the main is okay,
for now...it had been replace fairly recently. The Aux. is the old
vitus 20 HP. It says 10 hours after a rebuild.

The boat needs every TLC you can imagine related to woodwork, cleaning,
fabric below. It is dirty. Most wood topside is salvageable but some is
not. Below it all is.

No survey available but I walked her, poked below as best I could.
Boat doesn't stink. It does have a 2 burn propane, compass, Vhf depsounder
and loran. 1 jib, SPinnaker and genoa, stay and storm sai.l. Tiller steering and the rest doesn't make up 100 dollars.

The engine is noted for the reuild.

The deck appears to have no stress fractures that I could tell, nor the
cabin top. However: Around the ports there is some cracking and near the
front and rear corners of the cabin are some stress fractures. Without
a surveror, I couldn't tell more but I will, if an offer is going, have
her hauled and surveyed.

As I understand, the cabin and deck have a ply core.

>From what I have noted, the vessel has not been kept well, is not clean,
and requires paint. I presume once hauled, a bottom paint job is in
order.

I would like the opinion of others who have witness what I have explained.
If any are on the list from Texas area and have seen the boat, I would
like to hear from you.

My suspicion is I can dicker it down to half of what the lower offer is,
and get it perhaps. Seller's wife
won't get on the boat, hurt on the maiden voyage.

This last broker has notes on a 68 Pearson 30 (alberg) as well. I will
be trying to find out about that as well. I believe I found her and she
is a truly troubled boat but I am not sure..... This boat might go for
around 2 to 4K or something. But it has a lot of disturbing fractures
topside, so I figure major major work....

Anyway.

Thoughts please.

Thanks,
dai