[alberg30] Drinking water

finnus505 at aol.com finnus505 at aol.com
Thu Jul 13 16:51:45 PDT 2000

Hey Gang,
I've been following this thread about the deteriorating water tanks in our 30
year old boats, and the accompanying problems with leaks, etc. Some of the
solutions that have been suggested, such as painting the inside of the tanks
with epoxy, using 5200 as a sealant, etc. make me nervous as you expose your
drinking water to these organic chemicals.

Having a new tank made up of Monel or other materials that do not leach out
possibly toxic residues may be expensive initialy, but they will increase the
chance that you will have a long healthy life to amortize the expense over!

Regards,
Lee
Stargazer, #255

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!