[alberg30] Bilge Blower

Brian Zinser bzinser at nmu.edu
Mon Jul 17 05:17:53 PDT 2000

Friday night I experienced an onboard fire.  Almost was ready to jump
overboard until I source the problem. A little wire overheating, apparently
from (diagnosed as a shorted out blower).  Looked last night in the West
Marine catalogue and could only find one type of replacement.  A inline
which would require a new mounting position.  The original I have has a
casted housing with is bolted on to the side of the port lazerette locker.
The electric motor is on top and the flexible hose to the bottom of the
bilge is clamped on the bottom.  Would like to replace with same unit, if
available.  I suppose another option would be to try to find a new electric
motor that I could install on the existing housing.

Any source/advice on this matter would be appreciated.

During this process, I noticed that most of the interior wiring (cabin
lights, running lights, etc.) is done with a brown lamp cord type product.
Is this original, or did somebody re-wire this way?

Brian Zinser
#134 Manana

Wish you had something rad to add to your email?
We do at www.supersig.com.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6810/10/_/476031/_/963836266/