[alberg30] Auto pilot question

Thomas Parks parks24 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 25 07:02:51 PDT 2000

Last winter there was a lengthy discussion on auto pilots. My problem is
this. I bought a Navico TP200 last summer but have never installed it on the
boat. Reason? I can't seem to figure out a good way to mount it! If my
measurements are correct it would fasten to the boat on the lid of the
starboard lazzarette and I'm not sure the strain from the auto pilot would
be good for the hinge, lid, etc. And if you mount it to the coaming you
can't open the lazzarette. Mounted back farther on the fiberglass doesn't
look like it puts it far enough out on the tiller.Any and all suggestions,
etc. would be much appreciated.

As a side comment, it has been neat this summer to meet some of the other
Alberg owners who have sailed into my home port(South Haven, Michigan) and
had a chance to talk to them in person. There seem to be more of our boats
on Lake Michigan than I realized!

Will be looking forward to everyone's replies!
Tom Parks
"Tradewinds"  #48

Wish you had something rad to add to your email?
We do at www.supersig.com.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6810/10/_/476031/_/964533772/