[alberg30] Digest Number 667

FINKENBERG, Lincoln LFinkenberg at emmetmarvin.com
Fri Jul 28 16:00:24 PDT 2000

	I too have a GM Scout 25 hp (built around 1966) and must admit I
thought twice about just throwing a dam stincking outboard on the boat. I'm
glad I didn't.  Anyway, the recently replaced gas tank I put in probably has
the wrong size fuel line -- too small. The manual fuel pump fills up then
drains all in rhythm  -- a rev that cycles up then down, but only when the
engine is running at a high clip, altho I wouldn't know for sure as the
gauges are next on a long list I misplaced of things to be fixed/replaced.
No. 1 on my new list is to find the missing list, and No. 2 if can't find
missing list to sail (I'm still looking). I spoke with the people over at
Van Ness Engineering when I ordered the gauge panel (a replica of the
original fortunately) and they also felt it was the fuel line being to small
in diameter (as per West Marine's suggestion I used 1/4 inch) and that a 3/8
inch line should be used to run from the tank to the fuel pump.  I don't
know why I find it so personally disturbing, is it silly to hope my fuel
line is not too small?

	It turns out Van Ness Engineering is quite familiar with GMs and an
excellent place to get just about any part for the GM.  They have a
maintenance guide for the GM which I just ordered yesterday which I'm told
should be helpful in terms of things to do at the beginning and end of the
season and what not.  The guys over there are also very patient,
knowledgeable and incredibly helpful, there number is 201-445-8685.

	Alan you've been an excellent source of info -- and if I could
impose on you once again I'd appreciate a copy of the actual GM Manual,
believe it or not Gypsy didn't come with one.

	Thanks
	Lincoln S. Finkenberg
	31-47, 35th Street
	Astoria, NY  11106
	Gypsy #138

	PS I finally got the Gypsy down to World's Fair Marina in Flossing
Bay from RI with all but the glitch above.