[alberg30] A-4 fuel

Kevin Blanc theblancs at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 11 13:43:07 PDT 2000

Are you sure it's fuel contamination? Have you checked
the fuel tank vent and the fuel pickup unit? A clogged
vent or pickup could cause problems like this, too.

I've used a brass-bodied pump to remove gasoline from
the tank before, but I was nervous about doing it. How
about using one of the outboard engine priming bulbs
to get a siphon going?

I've used an AquaPower (read, powerboat) water
separating filter upstream of the fuel pump for eight
years with no fuel contamination problems. I change
the  $6 canister once a year. Its intended for a much
higher fuel flow and I figure it can hold a lot more
crap than the typical smaller ones can.

Although I've heard people recommend cleaning the
tank, I can't imagine what you would use to do it...

Good luck.

Kevin Blanc

--- "Furey, Bill (CORP)" <bill.furey at corporate.ge.com>
wrote:
> Hi-all-owner of an alberg 35(Atomic 4) with
> contaminated fuel problems.
> Just took boat from Chesapeke to Cape
> May,N,J. after a long(2 years) layup in the yard-
> engine cut out after about
> 2.5 hrs.-changed fuel filter-gas
>  was dark out of filter- ran good again until
> another 3 or so then same
> deal.  I have been using the paper
> filters(automotive type) since I had to change so
> often.  I have about ten
> gals left in tank- would like some
> suggestions as to getting that gas out & then what
> do I treat the tank with
> prior to new gas. Thanks.

> Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig
> come to the rescue.

http://click.egroups.com/1/6137/10/_/476031/_/963341561/

http://mail.yahoo.com/

LOW RATE, NO WAIT!
Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates
as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6632/10/_/476031/_/963348189/