[alberg30] leak

Peter Amos P.A.Amos at tesco.net
Wed Jul 12 23:39:50 PDT 2000

Sanders, the same problem appeared on Tait Tait.It happened only when the
tank was filled and proved to be leaking through a couple of the pop rivets
on the top of the tank. Access was fairly easy.After removing all the junk
and cushions  I have loose fit panels with finger holes that reveal the main
area of the tank top.0nly  the small square horizontal panel in the
framework needed the attention of a screwdriver.
I have cleaned out all the old sealant and covered the seam and pop rivets
with 5200. To be honest I do not know if this has cured the problem as it
was the last thing I did before Tait Tait was laid up for the summer.
Another possibility is the gasket beneath the plate that has the fittings
for the filler hose etc.
Try filling the tank with the top exposed. It's easier with two people, one
on the hose , one observing.
All this assumes your v berth and water tank construction is similar to
mine.

Peter Amos
Tait Tait 478

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!