[alberg30] Drinking water

Mpete53 at aol.com Mpete53 at aol.com
Sat Jul 15 14:26:32 PDT 2000

I had the same problem with the tank top on Jocelyn (585).
I removed the woodwork in the forepeak, removed the aluminum top. I then
drilled out the poprivet holes then enlarged to top side of the holes with a
countersink. The large tapered holes completely with "Marine Tex". A new top
was made up out of fiberglass mat and polyester resin. Using a sheet of
plywood covered with waxed paper I laid up 4 layers of mat a little larger
then the old top. Then cut it to shape with a fine toothed saber saw.

I then glued the whole thing on with Marine Tex.

I did the job about 4 years ago and it is still tight.

As for the problem of chemicals making their way into the drinking water, I
only use the forward tank for washing. I installed a second 12 gal todd
plastic tank in the starboard cockpit seat locker for drinking water.

The 2 tank system seems to work well. Since 12 gal of drinking water is a
lot, I can be selective as to where I top that tank off. The main tank I fill
whenever water is available.

Mark Peters

BTW: Did you buy that new car yet?
If not, check this site out.
They're called CarsDirect.com and it's a pretty sweet way to buy a car.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6847/10/_/476031/_/963696398/