[alberg30] Keel damage / Repair

Christopher Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Sat Jul 15 21:35:34 PDT 2000

Andy,

The procedure to repair blisters is to let the blister area dry completely prior
to sealing the hull. This would be the same in this case. I would not recommend
sealing a wet hull and trapping moisture in the cross laminate which may cause
blisters which is a problem you do not have at this time. Bottom line you cannot
rush this process.

Regards,
Stephen Sousa
 #114 Carina Veal

Andy Vine wrote:

> Thanks to those who replied to my first query.
> The damaged area on the keel is still damp and I'm considering my options in
> tems of repairing sooner or later.  I'd be very interested to hear from
> anyone who has experience and knowledge on this topic. How serious is the
> potential for rust problems if a small amount of moisture remains inside the
> cavity? Is there in fact some lining material between the iron and the
> glass?
> Andy Vine
> Anila Vara's (#175)

> Want more free time?...then WIN A MAID...

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
http://click.egroups.com/1/6631/10/_/476031/_/963711262/