[alberg30] Sail Cloth Weight and sizes

Christopher Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Mon Jul 31 20:43:01 PDT 2000

Bill,

When I purchased a main for #114 it was recommended not to use a full batten
with sail track. If you try to drop the sail when not headed up I understand
you can deform the track (per the sail maker). I was lucky and purchased a
used main from Harry Gamber which full battens on the top and modified on
the remaining three battens. I have been using that sail for three years
without any issues. On fabric weights and J measurements all my sails are on
the boat, but a good sail maker could give you excellent advise.

Regards,
Stephen

Bill Newman wrote:

> Does anyone know the exact recommended fabric weight for Alberg 30
> sails, i.e., mainsail, No. 1, No. 2., working jib, storm jib?  I would
> also like to know what percentage of "J" should each headsail be.  While
> on the subject of sails, I would be interested in the merits of a fully
> battened main on the Alberg. Any comments will be appreciated.
>
> Bill Newman
> Marion Rose III, #233

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application