[alberg30] leak

Kevin Blanc theblancs at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 11:38:19 PDT 2000

I have an older boat. The clearance between the
plywood seat and the top of the tank (fiberglass in
#254) is less than one inch: you could not cut the
plywood with  a sabre saw without damaging the tank.
In my boat, When the cushion is removed, you can see
through a round hole in the plywood's center to a
plastic inspection port in the top of the tank. That's
how I fill it - hose down the hatch.

I would bet that the plywood seat and face could be
removed pretty easily, and that the tank could be
inspected that way.

--- George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at min.net> wrote:
> Sanders,
>
> I've got a newer hull (#543) and the tank is molded
> into the hull.
> Actually, the bottom surfaces ARE the inside of the
> hull.  The
> plywood panels of the vberth are all removeable, but
> the tank
> extends aft under the "seat" in the middle of the
> vberth.
>
> I'm not sure of the details in the older boats.  You
> might send
> an email to Mike Lehman (he's not on this list, but
> his email
> address is in the book).  He completely restored
> Valency, Tony
> Fortnam's boat.
>
>  - George
>
> > sandersm at aol.com said:
> >

> > In a message dated 7/12/00 3:25:56 PM,
> gdinwiddie at min.net writes:
> >
> > >I've also heard of some boats having the tanks
> leak at other
> > >points, either due to cracks or voids in the
> fiberglass.
> > >

> > George, does this mean that the tank is molded
> into the hull, with an
> > aluminum top?  Do you know the clearance from the
> top to the bottom of the
> > V-berth plywood?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Sanders.
>
> --

>   George Dinwiddie
> gdinwiddie at min.net
>   The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span
> those hours spent in
>   sailing.                         NEW URL =>
> http://www.Alberg30.org/

> Law.com is the preeminent online destination for
> legal professionals.

http://click.egroups.com/1/6874/10/_/476031/_/963509541/

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the rescue.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6137/10/_/476031/_/963517168/