[alberg30] Corrosion

Guy Lalonde lalondegc at videotron.ca
Sat Jul 29 13:56:52 PDT 2000

About winches.

Usually minimum size recommended for a 30 footer is around 28 (28 to 1 ratio). If the winch islands are the same size on the older A30 models as the newer A30 models, you should be able to fit up to a 40.

Go for 2 speed, self-tailing. You won't regret it.

However they ain't cheap and very hard to find in the used market (most of the used ones are non self-tailers being sold by folks who upgraded to self-tailers).

If you really have a lot of money to put into this, go for stainless steel Andersen winches. I know they are out of my league.

Guy