[alberg30] Alberg Typhoon

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Thu Jun 8 19:28:18 PDT 2000

Hi Lokman,

We sail out of Mentor on the Lake Ohio, on Lake Erie, across from Ontario.  I
visited Mahone Bay in 1996 and again in 1998...Our Bluenose is fiberglass, too.  Do
you have any photos of your interior?  Our boat has some kind of fiberglass liner
down in the bilge that seems to be separating from the hull and a cracked little
fiberglass section on the bottom of the keel under the rudder attachment point.  We
had all new stainless steel standing rigging made up by Grand River Rigging of
Cleveland Ohio for about $350 US
How much do you like your Bluenose?

Scott

abdullah at ns.sympatico.ca wrote:

> > Hi Lockman,
> >
> > Bluenose B183 sounds like one of the original wooden ones...We have HELLDIVER,
> > a McVay built Mahone Bay fiberglass one.  Getting ready to overhaul trailer -
> > leaf springs look like they were installed upside down!  Also going to use 600
> > wet sand to bring back gelcoat!
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > P.S. Does the Cape Dory have an engine and trailer?  What sails?
> >
> > abdullah at ns.sympatico.ca wrote:
> >
> >> Hello all. Just wanted to let everyone know about an 18ft Alberg Typhoon
> >> that is for sale up here in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia.  She was built in 1973
> >> and the asking price is C$5000. Anybody who is interested can contact me.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Lokman Abdullah
> >> Alyshka
> >> Bluenose B183

> > beMANY! has a new way to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on
> > saving more each month: Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance
> > rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!
> >

> Scott. I don't know much about the Typhoon(is it also called a Cape Dory?).
> She belongs to a neighbour who bought a Westwind last summer. I told him I
> would post it to the group as he has not had any nibbles.
> Alyshka is fibreglass. Where do you sail out of?

> Click for more information on how eGroups members save with beMANY!

Go to Expedia.com to win airfare to Vegas for you and 20 friends,
$15,000 and a suite at Bellagio for New Year's. Or win 2 roundtrip
tickets anywhere in the U.S. given away daily. Click here for a chance win.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5295/8/_/476031/_/960517712/