[alberg30] Dodger Cleaning

Loretta.Lodge at washcoll.edu Loretta.Lodge at washcoll.edu
Fri Jun 9 08:19:51 PDT 2000

--- You wrote:
Does anyone have a good method for cleaning sunbrella fabric?  My dodger
including the clear windows could use a good cleaning.  I think I have heard
that car wax will clean the windows, but dont' want to ruin them.

Brian
Manana #134
--- end of quote ---

Brian,

For the sunbrella you want to use warm soapy water and a "soft" brush.  The soap should be a non-detergent such as Ivory dishwashing soap.  Detergents are too harsh on the fabric.

For the windows, make sure they are "thoroughly" rinsed to get rid of any grit before you clean them with anything.  Any grit left on the windows will cause scratches when you clean them.  I have used cotton balls (the softest thing I can find) and white vinegar for cleaning after they have been rinsed.  Once the windows are thoroughly rinsed and cleaned, use Pledge (Lemon Pledge is OK since it is difficult to find the regular Pledge) to protect the windows.  This last, is recommended by the sailmakers who made our dodger.

It should look great!

Loretta
Gendarme
Pearson 35

Free @Backup service!  Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online.  Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4935/8/_/476031/_/960563940/